Since Sunday, I have been struggling with Connor and his attitude. I have been wanting to believe that he is fussy due to his teeth but I am finding that he is just plain moody lately and in return, it makes me moody. He has been quick to become angry when I dicipline him and seems to be rebelling a little. I understand that he is coming to the age that everyone calls the "terrible 2's" (3 more months) but I refuse to believe that my child will be "terrible" while he is 2. From my great friend, Kerry, I have been reminded that the 2's don't have to be terrible, they can be "terrific." I refuse to be a parent that just allows my child to go through this rebellious stage without consequences. I stand firm in my faith and that God will guide me to be the parent Connor NEEDS me to be during this trying time. I truly believe it is the parents responsibility to "train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it". Proverbs 22:6
With all this said, this is my prayer.....
Lord, I pray that You would give Connor a heart that desires to obey You. Shine Your light upon any secret or unseen rebellion that is taking root in his heart, so that it can be identified and destroyed.
Lord, I pray that he will not give himself over to selfishness and rebellion, but that he will be delivered from it. By the authority You've given in Jesus' name, I "stand against the wiles of the devil" and I resist rebellion, stubborness, and disrespect; they will have no part in my son's life, nor will my child walk a path of destruction and death because of them.
Amen!!
Just a thought, you know some of Conner's moodiness could be him missing Paul. I know Paul is a very hands on parent, and little dude is missing that, without understanding in his mind what the puzzle is. He just knows it hurts.
ReplyDeleteSo I pray that God will give you the insight on what you can do and say to Conner to alleviate his hurt.
Then of course there is the development of his sense of self and his own thoughts, opinions, and agendas, but that I believe you are more than able to handle.
Be blessed, both of you.
You're right, it could be a little of both. All his fussiness and moodiness is NOT normal for him. He is typically a happy go lucky kind of kid who is NOT quick to become angry about things. I guess I overlooked him missing Paul and assumed that he was too young to have such strong feelings or that he had adjusted already. How selfish of me. lol. And yes, I do believe his development plays a role in his mood. I have prayed about that as well that God would allow me to understand him better as well as him learn to understand me more and that during this time in his life, we could find a way to communicate when he isn't fully able to express himself to me.
ReplyDeleteAllyson, thank you for your insight. Being a first time mamma, it is nice to see others perspectives!
Amen, praying for Connor with you:)
ReplyDelete