Connor's first two appointments with the pediatrician went great. He is gaining weight, which didn't surprise me, he eats ALL the time. He was born at 6 lbs. 9.5 oz. and on the 24th of April, he was up to 7 lbs. 5 oz. Who knows what he weighs now? =) I can definitely see changes in him everyday and he is starting to grow into his body a little bit more and becoming much more alert when it comes to seeing and hearing things. Everyone asks how he is sleeping...he is doing great with that as well. He only gets up twice usually and it is usually around 1 am and then again at 5 am. Some of his favorite things are to be walked around in a sling. He dozes off everytime I put him in it. It sure works wonders when he wants to be fussy. He also loves to be touched, whether it is your face against his or your hand on his tummy. This also calms him down when he is fussy. Some of his not so favorite things are by far wet and poopy diapers. I think he cries more from them than when he is hungry. That is cool with me, I love a kid who likes to stay clean. I just don't love the cost of diapers.
The only trouble I have really had since being home is that I had to go into the doctors for 3 different occasions where I had an infection. The first was a UTI from when they gave me a catheter during labor and the other two were mastitis infections. Mastitis hurts so bad, I wouldn't wish it on even my worst enemy. I only had about 5 days of feeling good and healthy between both of those infections.
But, all in all, things are going wonderful here in our home since our newest addition. I have definitely learned to be more patient as I am usually a very planned out and organized person. I have seen in the last few weeks that everyday is unpredictable and that I just have to take it one day at a time.
As for Paul, you might ask, he is also doing great other than his and my lack of sleep. He loves being a daddy and I couldn't imagine anyone else I would want to experience this with. He is so willing to do anything I ask of him and I am so grateful and blessed for that! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment